Hammer mills are versatile machines for material size reduction. Applied to ore milling applications, our hammer mills can produce flour-fine rock powder. Glass pulverizing, rock recycling, porcelain recycling, and similar material reduction projects achieve slightly variable output sizes, from powder to rice-grain sized discharge, per operator specifications. Scrap metal recycling uses screen openings up to 3″ x 3″ in the larger primary hammer mills, and punch plate holes as small as 1/4″ in our printed circuit board (PCB) recycling hammer mills.
Mt. Baker Mining and Metals’ hammer mills are industrial grade, continuous duty machines. Hammers, protective liners, and screens are easily replaced at reasonable cost. Abrasive material grinding like granite or quartz ore, requires regular daily hammer mill maintenance. In less abrasive uses like breaking up and cleaning copper wire from motors or pulverizing printed circuit boards, the hammers and internal components last longer, reducing maintenance and wear.
Standard features include:
- Made in the USA
- Complete and ready to run. Includes hammer mill, inlet chute, belts, motor, full enclosure guards, all integrated on a steel skid
- Robust construction with long-wearing chrome hammers, AR-400 abrasion resistant protective liners and screens
- Sizes: 16″ x 12″ through 30″ x 24″ (diameter x width)
- Discharge size: varies from powder up to 3″ minus
- All wear and replacement parts are in stock
- Most machines are in stock for quick delivery