Hammer mills are the perhaps the most versatile machines for material size reduction. For our ore milling applications, we produce rock powder as fine as flour. For glass pulverizing, rock recycling, porcelain recycling, etc sizes vary from powder to rice grain size depending on the customer’s needs. For scrap metal recycling, we have screen openings up to 3″ x 3″ in the larger, primary hammer mills and punch plate holes as small as 1/4″ for our printed circuit board (PCB) recycling hammer mills.
Mt. Baker Mining and Metals’ hammer mills are industrial grade, continuous duty machines. Hammers, protective liners and screens are easily replaced at reasonable cost. In abrasive uses, such as grinding granite or quartz ore, regular maintenance is required. In less abrasive uses like breaking up and cleaning copper wire from motors, or pulverizing printed circuit boards, the hammers and internal components are longer lasting and maintenance and wear is significantly reduced.
Standard features include:
- Made in the USA
- Complete and ready to run including hammer mill, inlet chute, belts, motor, full enclosure guards, all integrated on a steel skid
- Robust construction with long wearing high chrome hammers and AR-400 abrasion resistant protective liners and screens
- Sizes: 16″ x 12″ through 30″ x 24″ (diameter x width)
- Discharge size: varies from powder through 3″ minus
- All wear and replacement parts are in stock
- Most machines are in stock for quick delivery